The Unsung Hero – The Humble Potato
Where would we be without the potato? This starchy crop can be served in a variety of different ways, making it a winner in many different meals. It has a place at breakfast, lunch, AND dinner – even some desserts too! We LOVE potatoes, and why not? They’re an incredible source of vitamins and minerals (they even pack more vitamin C than tomatoes and oranges).
Fun Fact: Americans eat about 138 pounds per person a year.
Here are 8 reasons why we love them so much:
- Whether they are smothered in cheese and bacon, chili and cheese, or just by themselves with a side of ketchup, french fries are always a great side option. And they come in all shapes and sizes – curly, crinkly straight, waffle, etc.
- Potato + Pancake = Just all around perfection.
- Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and can be prepared in a number of ways – chuncked, sliced, wedged, or diced potatoes. These are definitely a Breakfast Shoppe favorite!
- We couldn’t ask for a better way to finish off a meal. They work for breakfast, lunch and dinner and go with just about anything.
***Secret Menu Item Alert***
- If you love Tots, you’ll love our Tot Lot Bowl! It’s not on the menu, but we’ll be happy to make it for you… just ask for our Secret Tot Lot Bowl (we won’t even make you whisper!).
- Need we say more? The ultimate comfort food.
- There is no better shack than the potato chip itself. This fact cannot be disputed.
- What? Just plain? You bet. Potatoes can be processed to make vodka, and Poland is famous for it! Yes. We said it, Vodka.
- Even though we can’t eat these kinds of potatoes, they are surely a favorite. We all have a little bit of couch potato in us, and they are the best kind of people to curl up on the couch with to binge watch your favorite Netflix show.